Venmo is a payments app that is very popular among us. However, sometimes for obvious reasons, people find it difficult to transfer money from Venmo to other payment wallets. Just like in Cash App. And then they ask:
Can you transfer money from Venmo to Cash App? Actually Yes! We can instantly transfer money from Venmo to Cash App by adding our Cash App Cash Debit Card in Venom’s “Transfer to Bank” option in the “Manage Balance” menu. Once added, initiate transfer money request from Venmo money to a Cash App Cash Debit Card, and within minutes the funds will get transferred directly to the Cash App.
So let me start by describing the first method in details that we have just discussed:
1) Transferring Venmo Money to Cash App through Cash App Cash Debit Card
Basically, you can consider both of these wallet apps as same as your bank. It is just like we transfer money from our bank account to any beneficiary’s account.
Just one thing to remember, this whole process needs you to must have a Cash App Cash Debit Card. Without the Cash App Cash Debit Card, we cannot make transfers successful using this method.
A Debit Card from Cash App is powered with VISA. So while transferring money, it works like any normal banking debit card.
- Open your Venmo App, Go to your User Profile by tapping on these “≡” dropdown lines you see on the top left corner.
- From there, tap on Manage Balance. Then tap on Transfer to Bank
- Now choose the Amount of Money you want to transfer to your Cash App account.
- Next, select Instant Transfer option (cost’s 1% from $0.25 to maximum $10). Do not choose the Business Days option as it only works with the bank accounts with routing number or unless you have your Cash App routing number & account number.
- Next, tap on Transfer to Once tapped, it will show you the list of cards in which you can transfer your money along with Add Bank or Card option at last. Tap on Card.
- Now choose Debit Card from the option to add your Cash App Cash debit card details.
- Now simply put all details of your Cash App Cash Debit Card in the fields and tap on Add.
- Once added, you will see your Cash App Cash Debit Card in the list. Select the Cash App Cash Card, confirm all the details, and tap on Transfer. The money will be transferred within a couple of minutes.
2) Using Venmo Card to Transfer Money from Venmo App to Cash App:
The second method needs a Venmo Debit Card in order to transfer your funds from Venmo App to Cash App. If you don’t have Venmo Card, you can opt for it for free. There is no additional charges to get your Venmo Card that is powered by MasterCard.
In this method, we are basically using a Venmo Card as a Debit Card to add funds in our Cash App. This whole process will take place in the Cash App.
Remember that we can use only one bank to make a transaction like withdrawal in Cash App. But, we can add any other Debit Card separately in Cash App and use it to fund our cash app account.
So what we can do is, instead of using our traditional bank account debit card, we are simply using our Venmo Card as a source to add money in Cash App. So when we initiate add cash request in Cash App, the funds will be added through Venmo Card directly from Venmo App to Cash App. Here is how to do it:
- Open your Cash App and go to your Cash App Balance
- From there, you can see an option of Add Debit Card. Tap on it.
- Once tapped, you can put details of the Venmo Debit Card to your Cash App as a method to add money in your Cash App account and tap on the Add Card
- Now you can tap on Add Cash Button from the same screen and enter the amount of money to add in your Cash App from your Venmo account.
- Next, select the Venmo Debit Card as a method to add money and tap on Add Cash.
- Complete the process, and your money will be added directly from the balance of your Venmo Account to your Cash App.
So both the above mentioned-methods need either Cash App Cash Debit Card or Venmo Card to complete the transfer process. But what if I don’t have both the cards?
How do I get my money out of Venmo?
No worries. We got you covered too in our third method.
The third method is traditional, but as of now, it is the best one for us to transfer money from Venmo to Cash App via a common bank account.
3) Sending Venmo Money to Cash App via Bank Account
Keep in mind that you should have a common bank account attached to both of your Venmo and Cash App accounts. If you don’t have the common bank account attached, simply attach that first and then follow the steps below.
- Open your Venmo App and tap on “≡” icon.
- Now go to Manage Balance and then tap on the Transfer to Bank
- Next, enter the amount you want to transfer in your bank account.
- Now select Instant if you want to transfer funds instantly (charges apply 1% from $0.25-$10) or simply choose Business Days 1-3 (free of charge) if you are not in a hurry.
- Now check if all the details are correct like, your bank details and tap on Transfer
- Once you got your money in your bank Simply open a Cash App, Go to your Cash Balance screen and tap on the Add money.
- Now enter the amount you want to add in your Cash App.
- Next, select the same bank that you used to withdraw money from Venmo, and tap on Add Money.
- Now your money will be added to Cash App via a common bank account.
Venmo Money Transfer Limits:
You can transfer as much as $999.99 per week in your bank account without verifying your identity (off course after security checks) in Venmo App. However, after verifying your identity, you will be able to transfer $19,999.99 per week in your bank account.
One time transfer amount is limited to $2,999.99 after verification of your identity.
How to Verify Your Identity in Venmo App?
- Go to your Venmo App. Tap on “≡” icon.
- Go to the Settings screen and tap on Identity Verification.
- Now complete the Identity Verification.
We hope that you now know how to transfer money from Venmo to Cash App. Venmo is a powerful service and a division of PayPal.
In terms of security, Venmo has the best security level that is non match-able in the market. You can easily trust this payment app for your day to day transactions.
Moreover, on the homepage of your Venmo app, you can see the latest transactions that are being done by all the Venmo users.
The interesting thing is that you can read the captions that users have put in their payment remark before sending them. Reading these funny Venmo captions can feel crazy sometimes, but it’s fun to take a look at them.