Earlier before a year or two, we could easily sign out separately from Google Play Store application only, and the rest of our Google Services like Gmail, Google Maps, Google Drive, and many others used to stay signed in. But today, the situation is different.
Can I Sign Out of Google Play Store Only While Keeping All other Google Services Signed In on my Android Phone?
The answer is NO! Google has removed the sign out option from Google Play Store along with all its popular services, including Gmail, Google Maps, and even from YouTube. The only exception is Google Chrome. You can still sign out from Google Chrome, but you cannot sign out from apps like Google Play Store individually. One way of signing out could be to completely remove Google Account from your phone.
So if you are not able to sign out separately from Google Play Store, what options do you have to get your Google account out of Google Play Store, especially from android phone?
Well, unfortunately, there are not many of them, but still, you can use some indirect methods to remove a particular Google Account from Google Play Store.
- Pull off your Account from Google Play Store App by Switching between Different Google Accounts
- Removing an Entire Google Account from Android Phone Can Sign Out the Google Play Store
- Does Removing Google Account From My Phone Permanently Deletes My Account?
- Why do People Want to Sign Out From Google Play Store?
- Ending Note
Pull off your Account from Google Play Store App by Switching between Different Google Accounts
Basically, we can switch between two or more accounts in Google Play Store in order to remove any particular Account from the Play Store App. A quick way is shown in the image below to switch your Google account with any other account in Google Play Store.
The best part is that when you switch any account in Google Play Store, it will be switched for Google Play Store only. The rest of Google Services like Gmail, YouTube will have the same account signed in until you switch it from that particular service.
How to Switch Between Two Google Accounts in Google Play Store App?
- Open your Google Play Store
- Now tap on your Profile Symbol from Upper Right Corner.
- Next, you can see the list of all your Google Accounts you have created.
- If you don’t have multiple Google accounts on your phone, you can simply create one by tapping on the “Add another Account” option from the same place. Once finished adding another account, continue with the below step.
- Simply Tap on one of the accounts from the list, and your Google Account will be switched with the one you have tapped on.
- Now you have temporarily logged out of your Google Account by switching it from another account.
Note: This process may vary depending on the android version and device type.
Removing an Entire Google Account from Android Phone Can Sign Out the Google Play Store
If you desperately want to sign out from Google Play Store anyhow, then, and only then consider this option because removing an entire Google Account from your phone can result in loss of all the data you have stored in it.
How to Remove Google Account from Android Phone?
Please note that the android interface and procedure of removing Google account from the android device may be slightly different from the one we have shown below based on the android version and smartphone type.
- Don’t Miss: Best Way to Earn Free Google Play Codes
Follow these steps to remove your Google Account from Android Phone:
- Open Google Play Store and tap on your Account Profile.
- Now tap on Manage Accounts on this device.
- Next, you will see the list of accounts you have on your mobile phone. From there, choose Google.
- Now you can see a list of Google Accounts you have on your device, select the one you want to remove.
- Next, tap on More option.
- Now Select Remove Account option.
- Next, confirm to Remove Account.
Important: Removing the account from your phone will delete all of its data associated with the account on the device. It also includes messages, contacts, emails, and other sensitive data.
Does Removing Google Account From My Phone Permanently Deletes My Account?
No, your Google account can be reused even after removing it from your android phone. Removing Google Account from your phone does not delete it permanently. The only thing is it may have loosed all the data you had before removing it from your phone.
However, there are some cases where the account data came back with the account even after removing and re-adding it in the same mobile device.
Why do People Want to Sign Out From Google Play Store?
Talking about the reasons behind logging out of Google Play Store, there are a couple of them. One of the common reasons is experiencing an unexpected error in Google Play Store.
Earlier, when we were allowed to log out from Play Store, we used to log out and again login to Play Store if we got an error in operating Google Play Store. Since the log out option itself is removed by the service, now we are unable to do it.
Another reason is that people want Google to forget their Gaming Progress from the game app they have downloaded through Google Play Store so that they can start playing their game again from the beginning.
But in most of the cases, removing Google account and adding it again in the same phone will not erase the earlier game memory.
It is because most of the games keep our gaming history on their servers, and the game progress data is linked with our Google Play Game Id. So whenever we sign in again into that particular game with the same Google Play Game Id, it fetches all the game progress data linked with that particular game id they have on their game servers.
Fortunately, when we uninstall any game from our phone and reinstall it, most of the games ask us whether to continue with our old game progress or to start the game afresh from the beginning.
Earlier, signing out of Google Play Store from your phone was never that frustrating. We could easily sign out from Play Store App just like any other usual sign in and sign out processes we do.
Since now we don’t have a sign out option in the app, we can do the following:
- Feed another account to Google Play Store before removing your targeted account from it.
- Just remove your Google Account from the entire android phone which will eventually sign-outs from all the Google Services.
Be sure to first take all the backup of your important data before going you remove your account from the phone.
I hope you find this article helpful and informative. Stay connected for more interesting information in the future.