Ram is one of the essential parts of the computer that is required for short-span storage. Ram controls all the programs that are running at present on the computer.
If you have more RAM on your computer, it merely means that you can run multiple programs without affecting the speed of your system.
In case of low RAM, the computer utilizes a “pretend RAM,” i.e. part of the hard drive called page file. If such happens then, your system will get slowdown because this pretends RAM is slower in comparison with the actual RAM.
Windows 10 Needs More RAM to Operate
We all are so busy and don’t like the things that are slow on speed, and the computer is not an exception to this. RAM plays a vital role in the performance of your PC.
Must Read :- How to Install Old Nvidia Drivers in Windows 10
If you have sufficient RAM on our computer, then you can do your work without any trouble. But, if you are low on RAM, then you can purchase the RAM and add to your computer to enhance the performance of your computer.
You can even free up the RAM to optimize the speed of the computer. There are many ways you can do to free up the RAM. Sometimes, a simple restart to your PC is much more that it needs to boost the speed. But, even after restarting did not work for you, then you should do some important tasks immediately.
In this article, you are going to learn how to clear RAM in Windows 10. Let’s take a look on these ram boosting ways.
4 Easy Ways to Free Up RAM Instantly on Windows 10
1. Uninstall Unused Programs from Computer
Programs or Software’s that you don’t use anymore are now like a garbage using your precious space. Unused Software’s do have some files keep running in the background that uses your ram space. You should free them up from your PC.
- First, right-click on windows taskbar and choose the task manager option.
- Click on the processes tab.
- Then, filter the processes using maximum memory and take a look at the programs at the top that are unknown or weird. Now Google the name of the program or file to know more about it. If it’s genuine or important for system, leave it; if it’s harmful or unwanted, uninstall it.
- The unwanted applications can be removed from control panel’s “uninstall a program” option.
2. Clear Paging File at Shutdown
If your RAM is already full, then it will transfer some files to the Page file or Paging file that exist on the hard drive. Hard drive is another space to store the files but the paging file is a bit fast when it comes to retrieve files you need for any program. So RAM uses it as a backup storage for additional files.
Just like clearing up ram, it is also important to clear your paging file at every shut down so that you get a fresh space in page file at startup. Follow these steps to clear paging file at every shutdown.
- Click on the start button search for “Run” application. In the run app, type “regedit” and click Ok. Click Yes if you get a system prompt message.
- Registry editor will open, now access this file path to use paging file: HKEY_Local_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\Memory Management.
- On the right side, you will find a key called “ClearPageFileAtShutdown”, double click on this key.
- Set value “1” in the data field and click OK.
3. Disable Startup Programs
Startup Programs are those who compulsory start and runs when your computer starts. Disabling these apps is like a RAM Booster for PC. Use steps shown below to do the same:
- Open the task manager menu.
- Now go to the startup tab.
- Now, spot out those applications that are not required or unrecognizable.
- Then disable them by right-clicking on those applications.
4. Lower the Visual Effects of Windows 10
If you are not a gaming guy, and not using your windows 10 for gaming, then you don’t need higher visual effects on your system. You can simply lower them from your computer settings. Follow them below:
- Right-click on This PC by opening file explorer then click on properties.
- Click on the advanced system settings that you can see on the right side of the window.
- Now, click on the Settings tab from the performance
- Choose to adjust for best performance option from the performance section for deactivating all the additional animations to make your computer a bit faster.
Now that you know how to free up ram on windows 10 pc on your own. If you want more of such ways, then here is a quick list of 6 more ways that you can consider practicing.
Additional Ideas to keep your RAM Free
1. Keep Observing the RAM Usage
Keep observing the ram usage because the windows have the in-built ability to check the space-consuming programs that can affect the performance of your computer. Hence keep track the usage of your RAM.
2. Check Your Antivirus Program
Sometimes your PC can get slowdown because of the antivirus software that you have downloaded to protect your PC. In such case, you can disable the antivirus program for some time and observe the performance of your PC.
3. Utilize Lighter Version of Apps
The lighter version of the application always reduces the load on your computer RAM. The apps that are specially designed for the top-end performance and output need the high systems resource to use them. If you try to use the lighter version of such apps, then it will directly impact on the performance of your computer. The lighter version apps also help your computer to make the steady performance.
4. Disable the applications that are running in the Background
This may be one of the causes that make your system slow. You can turn off all the applications that are running in the background by going into the settings-privacy and then background apps.
5. Update System Drivers
Sometimes your PC get slowdown due to high CPU utilization by the operating systems of Windows10 and sometimes it also slow down because of outdated drivers of your computer system.
6. Use Ready Boost
Most of the users don’t know about the ready boost feature of the windows. If you have an outdated mechanical hard disk, then you can use the ready boost feature that helps you to plug in a flash driver or SD card. Windows treat this as an extra RAM.
Note: The additional ideas that are mentioned here by us are mostly responsible or can help you to fix the problem.
In the end, I want to suggest you all that go through the article that will tell you about how to free up RAM on Windows 10. These methods will definitely help you to improve the performance of your computer and RAM.
Stay tuned for more exciting information. Please feel free to share your thoughts in the given comment box.